FOUNTAIN IN MONKS MONKS' GARDEN AT ASHRIDGE MANAGEMENT COLLEGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1100422
Date first listed:
02-Dec-1986
Statutory Address:
FOUNTAIN IN MONKS MONKS' GARDEN AT ASHRIDGE MANAGEMENT COLLEGE, ASHRIDGE, HP4 1NS

Map

Ordnance survey map of FOUNTAIN IN MONKS MONKS' GARDEN AT ASHRIDGE MANAGEMENT COLLEGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1100422 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 03:13:12.

Location

Statutory Address:
FOUNTAIN IN MONKS MONKS' GARDEN AT ASHRIDGE MANAGEMENT COLLEGE, ASHRIDGE, HP4 1NS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
Dacorum (District Authority)
Parish:
Little Gaddesden
National Grid Reference:
SP 99339 12083

Details

SP 91 SE, 1/173

LITTLE GADDESDEN, ASHRIDGE PARK (East side), Fountain in Monks' Garden at Ashridge Management College

GV

II

Fountain. Designed by Jeffry Wyatt and cast by Mr. Parker of Argyle St London in 1820 as the Holy Well centrepiece of Humphry Repton's Monks' Garden designed in 1813 but executed under the supervision of the Countess of Bridgewater. Cast iron, painted. A tall crested and buttressed Gothic conduit head said to be comprised of 200 separate castings. (Linstrum (1972) 228-9).

Listing NGR: SP9933912083

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
157704
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Lindstrum, D, Sir Jeffry Wyatville Architect to the King, (1972), 228-9
Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 21 Hertfordshire,

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/07264/33
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Richard Hart. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].