MEAD FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1100607

Date first listed: 07-Aug-1954

Date of most recent amendment: 07-Mar-1988

Statutory Address: MEAD FARMHOUSE, SEDBURY LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MEAD FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1100607 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 08:17:41.

Location

Statutory Address: MEAD FARMHOUSE, SEDBURY LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Forest of Dean (District Authority)

Parish: Tidenham

National Grid Reference: ST 54920 94567

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TIDENHAM SEDBURY LANE, Sedbury ST 59 SW (west side) 12/246 Mead Farmhouse (formerly listed as Mead Hotel) 7.8.54 - II* Farmhouse. Mid and late C18. Fine limestone ashlar, over sandstone plinth, with plain strings, small cornice plus parapet with blind balustrade over window bays only, rendered returns, roofs concealed, presumed slate. Three storeys and basement, 5 windowed, all good early to mid C18 glazing bar sashes, 9 over 12 over 12-pane, and at ground floor and first floor with deep sash or blind box over heads, stone cills; central 6-panel fielded door and transom light to segmental head; with segmental hood on consoles, door approached by 7 steps to landing, single iron railings swept at bottom of steps. Back is identical but windows probably of 1774 and with 4-panel flush door with flat hood. On left return wall one rain-water head has "WW 1774' cast in, and also here a stone with inscription 'Restored 1906 WHM'. Interior has all original C18 doors, doorcases and shutters, and dog-leg stair with turned balusters. A very comely, compact block, well preserved in detail.

Listing NGR: ST5492094567

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 354592

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing