CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1100658

Date first listed: 18-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, CHURCH HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1100658 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 07:28:25.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, CHURCH HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Worcestershire

District: Wyre Forest (District Authority)

Parish: Rushock

National Grid Reference: SO 88457 71193

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

RUSHOCK CP CHURCH HILL (east side) SO 87 SE 10/94 Church of St Michael

GV II

Parish church. 1756-1758 by Roger Eykyn, or possibly Thomas Farnolls Pritchard, restored 1872. Sandstone ashlar with tile roofs. Nave with short transepts, chancel and west tower. West tower: three stages with crenellated parapet, 2-centred head to belfry window; 2-light window with Y-tracery to first stage. Ground floor: ogee label to Tudor arch doorhead, fanlight and 2-leaf panelled door. Nave: two bays, two windows have Y-tracery, transept has a stone coped verge to gable and a Y-tracery window; chancel: east window of 1872 has two trefoiled lights under a 2-centred head. Interior: west gallery on plain wooden posts; interior of east window has engaged respond shafts. Nave roof of five bays with arch braced collars supporting king-posts to trusses. Fittings mainly of 1872. Tower staircase has (late Cl7?) splat balusters; some C17 panelling is re-used as fixed benches under west gallery. (BoE, p 257; Colvin, H: A Biographical Dictionary of British Architects 1600 - l840, (second edition 1978), p 304; Hereford & Worcester Record Office, BA 8693).

Listing NGR: SO8845771193

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 157084

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Colvin, H M, A Biographical Dictionary of British Architects 1600-1840, (1978), 304
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Worcestershire, (1968), 257

End of official listing