This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ST MARY (ROMAN CATHOLIC)

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST MARY (ROMAN CATHOLIC)

List entry Number: 1100674

Location

CHURCH OF ST MARY (ROMAN CATHOLIC)

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Worcestershire

District: Wyre Forest

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Chaddesley Corbett

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 18-Mar-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 157019

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CHADDESLEY CORBETT CP HARVINGTON SO 87 SE 10/32 CHURCH OF ST MARY Roman Catholic Church GV II Roman Catholic church. 1825, extended 1854 - 5. Sandstone ashlar with tile roof. Three-bay church, with porch added to west. North front: three- bay nave and chancel in one divided by stepped buttresses, with diagonal buttresses to corners; three windows: Y-tracery under 2-centred head; east window has three lights under 2-centred head with Y-tracery. Entrance to right has a crenellated gable containing two empty niches; door has a 2- centred head of one chamfered order. Interior: labels to windows, moulded cornice and segmental plastered vault. West gallery has a panelled front surmounted by a balustrade with stick balusters. (BoE, p 192; Hodgkinson, HR: "Further Notes on Harvington Hall", Transactions of the Birmingham and Warwick- shire Archaeological Society, Vol 73 for 1955 (1957), pp 97-98).

Listing NGR: SO8782074382

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Worcestershire, (1968), 192
'Transactions of the Birmingham and Warwickshire Archaeological Society' in Transactions of the Birmingham and Warwickshire Archaeological Society, , Vol. 73, (1957), 97 98

National Grid Reference: SO 87822 74381

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1100674 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2017 at 12:04:11.

End of official listing