GARDEN WALL TO SOUTH OF PRIEST'S HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1100676
Date first listed:
18-Mar-1987
Statutory Address:
GARDEN WALL TO SOUTH OF PRIEST'S HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of GARDEN WALL TO SOUTH OF PRIEST'S HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1100676 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Jul-2019 at 23:40:28.

Location

Statutory Address:
GARDEN WALL TO SOUTH OF PRIEST'S HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Worcestershire
District:
Wyre Forest (District Authority)
Parish:
Chaddesley Corbett
National Grid Reference:
SO 87762 74311

Details

CHADDESLEY CORBETT CP HARVINGTON SO 87 SE 10/35 Garden wall to south of Priest's House GV II Garden wall. Probably late C16 to early C17 with some mid-C19 and late C20 repairs. Brick with brick and stone coping. Wall about two metres high enclosing the west, east and south sides of the garden west of the Priest's House (qv). This wall enclosed the "Great Garden" where the 'greater double blush Anemone' was recorded in 1629. (Hodgkinson, H R: "Recent Discoveries at Harvington Hall, Chaddesley Corbett", Transactions of the Birmingham and Warwickshire Archaeological Society, Vol 62 for 1938 (1943), pl VI; Parkinson J: Paradisi in Sole Paradisus Terrestris, (1629, facsimile 1904), p 213).

Listing NGR: SO8776274311

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
157022
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Parkinson, J , Paradisi in Sole Paradisus Terrestris, (1629), 213
'Transactions of the Birmingham and Warwickshire Archaeological Society' in Transactions of the Birmingham and Warwickshire Archaeological Society, , Vol. 62, (1943)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Oct 2002
Reference: IOE01/08762/14
Rights: Copyright IoE Miss Ann Thomas. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].