DEASLAND FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1100693
Date first listed:
20-Oct-1952
Date of most recent amendment:
27-May-1986
Statutory Address:
DEASLAND FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of DEASLAND FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1100693 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 19:50:58.

Location

Statutory Address:
DEASLAND FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Worcestershire
District:
Wyre Forest (District Authority)
Parish:
Rock
National Grid Reference:
SO 76311 72198

Details

SO 77 SE ROCK CP HEIGHTINGTON

5/317 Deasland Farmhouse (formerly listed as 20.10.52 Deaseland Old Farmhouse)

- II

Farmhouse. Probably C15, extended 1611 with some mid-C19 and late C20 alterations. Timber-frame with brick infill and machine tile roof. Four framed bays aligned north/south, with baffle-entry against central stack, also stack on south gable (the south bay is a C17 extension to an earlier, probably C15, building), both stacks have shafts of 6-point star plan. Two storeys, five windows: 3-light casement to left, a 4-light slightly projecting C17 oriel with ovolo mullions below a gable, then a single light, a 3-light and a 2-light casement; ground floor: central entrance, two windows to left, three to right, all casements of various sizes; porch timber-framed with elaborate low relief carving to bargeboards and tie-beam which bears the date 1611. Framing: to C15 part, two large rectangular panels high with a curved tension brace, raised by two small square panels. Interior: two cruck trusses flank the central chimney stack.

Listing NGR: SO7631172198

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
156967
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 24 Jun 2004
Reference: IOE01/12147/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Philip Williamson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].