This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

List entry Number: 1100699

Location

THE CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, CHURCH LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Worcestershire

District: Wyre Forest

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Rock

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 27-Jul-1992

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 156984

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 77 NW ROCK FAR FOREST CHURCH LANE

1/10000 Church of the Holy Trinity

II

Anglican church. 1844 by A E Perkins. New red sandstone coursed rubble with sandstone ashlar dressings. Welsh slate roof with coped gable ends. PLAN: nave, north and south transepts, chancel with vestry in north angle, and porch at entrance in west end under bellcote. Simple lancet style. EXTERIOR: 4-bay nave with buttresses between lancet windows. Pair of lancets in transept gable ends, triple lancet east window and smaller triple lancet in east wall of vestry. The east gable has cross at apex and vestry has squat polygonal chimney shaft. Angle buttresses at corners with set-offs and to projection at west end with ashlar gabled bellcote and gabled porch below with chamfered 2-centred arch doorway. INTERIOR: Plastered walls, chamfered 2-centre chancel and transept arches, and simple arch brace roof, ceiled above the collars. West gallery, with panelled front on polygonal wooden posts. Furnishings include brass communion rail, wooden polygonal pulpit with traceried panels, small polygonal font and set of benches in the nave. Stained glass includes memorial windows of 1858, east window and 1871 N. transept window. SOURCE: Buildings of England, Worcestershire, page 151.

Listing NGR: SO7283775075

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Worcestershire, (1968), 151

National Grid Reference: SO 72837 75075

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1100699 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2017 at 05:00:28.

End of official listing