This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ST PETER

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST PETER

List entry Number: 1100701

Location

CHURCH OF ST PETER

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Worcestershire

District: Wyre Forest

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Broome

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 25-Feb-1958

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 156988

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BROOME CP BROOME SO 97 NW 8/2 Church of St Peter 25.2.58 - II Parish church. Late C18, extended 1861 and 1970s. Brick with stone dressings and tile roof. West tower, nave, chancel, north vestry; entrance under west tower. Tower: three stages, defined by stone bands with moulded stone cornice and pyramidal roof; belfry has semi-circular headed openings with stone architraves, first stage has a circular window to each side. West door has a moulded architrave and C19 ledged and boarded door. Nave has stone plinth, moulded stone cornice, two windows: semi-circular head with pilastered architraves and keystone; chancel: extended in 1861, with moulded stone cornice. Two windows, both semi-circular headed with pilastered architrave and keystone. Interior: wall memorial to Anne Hill, died 1804, on north wall of nave by Flaxman. (BoE, pp 112-113; VCH 3, p 34).

Listing NGR: SO9020378449

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Worcester, (1901), 34
Doubleday, AH, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Worcester, (1913)
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Worcestershire, (1968), 112 113

National Grid Reference: SO 90203 78449

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1100701 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2017 at 07:07:03.

End of official listing