KIMBERLEY HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1100739
Date first listed:
22-Apr-1950
Statutory Address:
KIMBERLEY HOUSE, 11, SEVERN SIDE SOUTH

Map

Ordnance survey map of KIMBERLEY HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1100739 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 18:12:48.

Location

Statutory Address:
KIMBERLEY HOUSE, 11, SEVERN SIDE SOUTH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Worcestershire
District:
Wyre Forest (District Authority)
Parish:
Bewdley
National Grid Reference:
SO 78769 75336

Details

SO 7875 SE BEWDLEY CP SEVERN SIDE SOUTH

13/220 No 11 (Kimberley House)

22.4.50

GV II

House. Late C17 with some late C19 and late C20 alterations. Brick with tile roof. Two storeys with attic lit by flat-roofed dormers, modillioned wooden cornice, stone quoins, stone band to first floor, flat pentice roof to ground floor with coved soffit; four windows: wooden cross-windows under rubbed brick heads with keystones; ground floor: two square bay windows, each with two sashes to front with tripartite panes, central entrance has wooden doorcase with fluted pilasters, six raised and fielded panels to door; side entrance opening into passage to right corner has wooden doorcase with fluted pilasters and a two-leaf door. Interior: stair hall to rear of main range has an open well staircase with moulded closed string and barley sugar balusters, opposite foot of staircase a panelled partition with ventilator along top formed by turned balusters; entrance to cellar through this partition and on the back of a piece of re-set panelling the graffiti: "T HALE 1676/ IOHN WILKES/ 1647/ IOHN IS MY NAME/ WILKES" visible behind the door. The two front first floor rooms have bolection moulded fireplaces and boarded doors with applied mouldings forming two panels.

Listing NGR: SO7876975336

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
156870
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Mar 2001
Reference: IOE01/03258/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Philip Williamson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].