This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

SAYERS ALMSHOUSES

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: SAYERS ALMSHOUSES

List entry Number: 1100757

Location

SAYERS ALMSHOUSES, 8-13, LOWER PARK

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Worcestershire

District: Wyre Forest

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Bewdley

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 22-Apr-1950

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 156814

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 7875 SE BEWDLEY CP LOWER PARK (north side)

13/169 Nos 8 - 13 (consec) [Sayers Almshouses] 22.4.50

GV II

Six almshouses. Founded 1625, rebuilt 1897, and restored early 1980's. Brick with stone dressings and machine tile roof, stacks in ridge. Two storeys with moulded stone cornice to stone coped parapet which has a central inscribed stone tablet recording history of the foundation; 4 + 4 + 4 windows, the central part slightly advanced: 2-light windows with 4- centred arch to each light and a square label; ground floor: 2 + 2 + 2 similar windows, with an entrance to left- and right-hand corners, and paired between each pair of windows (six entrances in all), each has a stone surround with 4-centred arch and label, blind fanlights and C20 ledged and boarded doors (VCH 4, p 315 - 316).

Listing NGR: SO7880875044

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Worcester, (1906), 315-316

National Grid Reference: SO 78815 75037

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1100757 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2017 at 08:50:05.

End of official listing