4 AND 5, THE PARK

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1100764
Date first listed:
22-Apr-1950
Statutory Address:
4 AND 5, THE PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of 4 AND 5, THE PARK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1100764 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2019 at 14:44:40.

Location

Statutory Address:
4 AND 5, THE PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Worcestershire
District:
Wyre Forest (District Authority)
Parish:
Bewdley
National Grid Reference:
SO7865675081

Details

SO 7875 SE BEWDLEY CP THE PARK

13/186 Nos 4 and 5

22.4.50

GV II

School, now two houses. 1607 with mid-C19 and some late C20 alterations. Timber-frame with rendered infill, and rendered brick; tile roof. L-plan, ranges extending to south-west and south-east. South-west front: wing projecting to left, two storeys with gable lit attic, lower floor partly cut into hillside with C20 extension at half-floor level; range to right of two storeys with two 2-light casements; ground floor: a single-light casement to left, a 2-light casement to right, entrance to no 4 to left- hand corner has a C20 stable door; entrance to no 5 in return wall of projecting wing. Framing: five square panels high with straight angle braces. Gable end of wing has quadrant lugged braces in square panels, and the date 1607 carved on curved brace near the apex.

Listing NGR: SO7865675081

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
156833
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 28 May 2006
Reference: IOE01/15460/32
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Burrows. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].