ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF ST JOHN FISHER

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1100866

Date first listed: 03-Oct-1985

Statutory Address: ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF ST JOHN FISHER, SHIRE LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF ST JOHN FISHER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1100866 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Nov-2018 at 10:26:13.

Location

Statutory Address: ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF ST JOHN FISHER, SHIRE LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hertfordshire

District: Three Rivers (District Authority)

Parish: Chorleywood

National Grid Reference: TQ 02330 96053

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 09 NW CHORLEYWOOD SHIRE LANE (Southeast side) Chorleywood

5/106 R.C. Church of St. John Fisher

II

House, now house and chapel. c.1890 extended c.1905 by C.F.A. Voysey. Red brick, mostly roughcast. Stone dressings. Tiled roofs. Arts and Crafts Style addition to detached suburban house. All 2 storeys. Addition by Voysey to right: ground floor long 12 light stone mullion and transom window, arranged 1:4:1, leaded lights, tile dripmould. First floor two 3 light stone mullion windows. Brick pilaster buttresses at ends. Sprocketed eaves. Steeply hipped roof with a tall roughcast stack to right with a tile coped triangulated cap. To left earlier house has a projecting gabled bay to left, ground floor rectangular bay window, corniced architraved first floor sashes, applied timber in gable. On left return towards rear a door by Voysey with heartshaped ends to strap hinges. To rear of later block a ground floor later C20 addition, first floor 4 light stone mullioned window, an entrance and a single light. A stack to right. Stone mullioned windows inserted to rear of earlier house by Voysey, 5 and 3 lights. 1 storey hipped projection to rear right. Interior: round arches, fireplaces, doors, low picture rails and ventilation grilles by Voysey. Formerly known as Hill Cottage. (Pevsner 1977).

Listing NGR: TQ0233096053

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 158747

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Cherry, B, The Buildings of England: Hertfordshire, (1977)

End of official listing