LONDON COAL DUTY BOUNDARY MARKER AT TQ 1164 9657

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1101112

Date first listed: 08-Mar-1991

Statutory Address: LONDON COAL DUTY BOUNDARY MARKER AT TQ 1164 9657, COLNE BRIDGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LONDON COAL DUTY BOUNDARY MARKER AT TQ 1164 9657
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1101112 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 15:05:10.

Location

Statutory Address: LONDON COAL DUTY BOUNDARY MARKER AT TQ 1164 9657, COLNE BRIDGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hertfordshire

District: Watford (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: TQ 11640 96570

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 19 NW WATFORD COLNE BRIDGE (west side) 4/76 London Coal Duty II Boundary Marker at TQ 1164 9657

Coal duty boundary marker. 1861; for the City of London. Ashlar. Square plinth; stepped tapered base with cornice surmounted by obelisk bearing City of London coat of arms in relief on south-east face. The structure approx 4 m tall. The obelisk formed part of the system of boundary markers which defined the area within which incoming coal was taxed. It was originally located on the opposite side of the River Colne (at TQ 11665 96542); it was repaired and relocated by WatfordBorough Council in 1984.

Listing NGR: TQ1164096570

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 158225

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing