CHURCH OF SAINT MARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1101152

Date first listed: 18-Feb-1948

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF SAINT MARY, SHEPHALL GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF SAINT MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1101152 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 09:56:46.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF SAINT MARY, SHEPHALL GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hertfordshire

District: Stevenage (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: TL 25670 22959

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5257 SHEPHALL GREEN (East Side) --------------- Church of Saint Mary TL 22 SE 5/58 18.2.48.

B

2. Flint rubble, dressed with stone and red brick. Mid C14, enlarged and restored 1865. Nave, chancel, north aisle, west bellcote. Unusual arched roof trusses to nave and chancel. C15 rood screen. 6 wall monuments to Nodes family, 1695-1761, of Shephalbury, and 2 brasses, 1564 and 1582. VCH II pp 444-5.

Listing NGR: TL2567022959

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 158112

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, The Victoria History of the County of Hertford, (1908), 444-445

End of official listing