ON CORNER WITH CHURCH LANE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1101270

Date first listed: 19-Sep-1984

Statutory Address: ON CORNER WITH CHURCH LANE, 62, EASTWICK ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of ON CORNER WITH CHURCH LANE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1101270 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 12:14:10.

Location

Statutory Address: ON CORNER WITH CHURCH LANE, 62, EASTWICK ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hertfordshire

District: East Hertfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Eastwick

National Grid Reference: TL 43444 11751

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 4311 EASTWICK EASTWICK ROAD (west side) Eastwick village

10/9 No 62 on corner with - Church Lane

GV II

House. Probably late C17, with small mid C19 additions (N part in Buckler drawing of 1834 in HRO). 2 storeys, 3 windows, timberframed roughcast house facing E. Old red tile gabled roof - with purlin ends visible high in gable. 3-light and 2-light casement windows. Central 4-panel door with moulded flat hood carried on heavy trusses. Shallow single storey canted bay window on right hand (1834 drawing shows this was formerly under a pentice roof). White brick lean-to addition on S end and shallow 2 storeys rear addition roughcast to match. An interesting timberframed house surviving from the period before the village was virtually rebuilt by the Gilston Estate in the mid C19. Part of picturesque group in village centre.

Listing NGR: TL4344411751

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 159894

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing