PUMP AND PUMPHOUSE IN MARKET PLACE 40 METERS TO NORTH-NORTH-WEST OF ST PETER'S CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1101307
Date first listed:
06-Jul-1984
Statutory Address:
PUMP AND PUMPHOUSE IN MARKET PLACE 40 METERS TO NORTH-NORTH-WEST OF ST PETER'S CHURCH, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of PUMP AND PUMPHOUSE IN MARKET PLACE 40 METERS TO NORTH-NORTH-WEST OF ST PETER'S CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1101307 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2019 at 06:01:34.

Location

Statutory Address:
PUMP AND PUMPHOUSE IN MARKET PLACE 40 METERS TO NORTH-NORTH-WEST OF ST PETER'S CHURCH, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
East Hertfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Buntingford
National Grid Reference:
TL 36282 29366

Details

TL 3629 BUNTINGFORD HIGH STREET (west side)

7/43 Pump and Pumphouse in Market Place 40m to NNW - of St Peter's Church

GV II

Pump and pumphouse. Pump C18/C19: pumphouse 1897 inscription reads 'SET UP BY/F J ROBINSON ESQRE/1897 TO COMMEMORATE/THE 60th YEAR OF THE/GLORIOUS REIGN OF/QUEEN/VICTORIA'. Wooden pump pillar, oak pumphouse with shingled roof. A slender square pump pillar about one and a half metres high enclosing the pump barrel with part of crank mechanism remaining. Hexagonal pumphouse on angled oak posts with braces to wallplate. Pointed hexagonal shingled roof in 2 stages. Inscription in relief on 4 sides. Wooden finial extends down as forms of radial rafters.

Listing NGR: TL3628229366

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
159783
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 May 2002
Reference: IOE01/06617/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr A. Gude. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].