MONUMENT IN ST MARY'S CHURCHYARD TO SUSANNAH LEWIS 1765 (30 METRES TO NORTH EAST OF CHAPEL)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1101385
Date first listed:
31-May-1984
Statutory Address:
MONUMENT IN ST MARY'S CHURCHYARD TO SUSANNAH LEWIS 1765 (30 METRES TO NORTH EAST OF CHAPEL), CHURCH END

Map

Ordnance survey map of MONUMENT IN ST MARY'S CHURCHYARD TO SUSANNAH LEWIS 1765 (30 METRES TO NORTH EAST OF CHAPEL)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1101385 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 04:22:40.

Location

Statutory Address:
MONUMENT IN ST MARY'S CHURCHYARD TO SUSANNAH LEWIS 1765 (30 METRES TO NORTH EAST OF CHAPEL), CHURCH END

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
East Hertfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Walkern
National Grid Reference:
TL 29314 26548

Details

TL 22 NE WALKERN CHURCH END (north side)

1/8 Monument in St Mary's Churchyard to Sussanah - Lewis 1765 (30m to NE of chapel)

GV II

Monument. 1765 to Sussanah Lewis. Carved limestone in the form of a scrolly obelisk, like a baroquecandelabrum on four scrolly feet, raised on a panelled base, with an urn finial.

Listing NGR: TL2931426548

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
159654
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Nov 2002
Reference: IOE01/09736/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Warwick. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].