FARMHOUSE AT LITES FARM

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1101420

Date first listed: 31-May-1984

Statutory Address: FARMHOUSE AT LITES FARM

Map

Ordnance survey map of FARMHOUSE AT LITES FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1101420 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 22:09:11.

Location

Statutory Address: FARMHOUSE AT LITES FARM

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hertfordshire

District: East Hertfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Ardeley

National Grid Reference: TL 32376 25561

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 3225 ARDELEY WOOD END (north side)

10/1 Farmhouse at Lites Farm -

GV II

House. Late C16, altered in early C19. Timber frame on stucco plinth. Roughcast with steep pitched roof now slated. A small one and a half storeys, 2-cell, central chimney, lobby entry house, facing S. 3 structural bays with cut tie-beam a third from W end with C17 chimney built against it on E side. Parlour at E end with chamfered axial joists and trimming for stair. 2- bay E part with C18 rebuild of fireplace incorporating an oven. Chamfered axial beamsupported off fireplace lintol. Curved tension braces in walls and jowled posts. 2 windows S front with central gabled porch and large gabled dormer on eaves to E part. 3-light flush casement windows. 4-panel flush beaded door. Mentioned in Court Roll of 1674, and possibly a medieval manor house. (VCH (1912) 194).

Listing NGR: TL3237625561

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 159536

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, A, The Victoria History of the County of Hertford, (1912), 194

End of official listing