NOS 1, 2, 3, 4 THE GREEN (AT NORTH WEST CORNER OF THE GREEN)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1101439

Date first listed: 31-May-1984

Statutory Address: NOS 1, 2, 3, 4 THE GREEN (AT NORTH WEST CORNER OF THE GREEN), ARDELEY

Map

Ordnance survey map of NOS 1, 2, 3, 4 THE GREEN (AT NORTH WEST CORNER OF THE GREEN)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1101439 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 23:30:23.

Location

Statutory Address: NOS 1, 2, 3, 4 THE GREEN (AT NORTH WEST CORNER OF THE GREEN), ARDELEY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hertfordshire

District: East Hertfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Ardeley

National Grid Reference: TL3077127247

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 3027 9/2 ARDELEY

ARDELEY (north side)

The Green Nos 1, 2, 3, 4 (at NW corner of The Green)

GV II

Block of 4 houses. 1918 (plaque on front) by F C Eden for John Howard Carter of The Bury as part of a picturesque Blaise Hamlet type scheme at The Green. Roughcast brick with black plinth and steep thatched roofs, hipped at S, half-hipped at N. An irregular U-shaped block facing E. One and a half storeys with central arched tunnel, 5 large square red brick central chimneys, and 4 eyebrow dormers along the front eaves. Small square tiled and weatherboarded bay window with 2 small-paned casements, to each side of central arch. Oak plank doors in trellis porches with tented lead roofs. Small-paned flush 2-light casement windows. Projecting wings at each end. Triangular ceramic plaque over archway 'H/J.C./A. 1918.D/MELIORIS AEVI'. (Pevsner (1977) 73).

Listing NGR: TL3077127247

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 159495

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Cherry, B, The Buildings of England: Hertfordshire, (1977), 73

End of official listing