71-77, LONG ROW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1101486
Date first listed:
28-Sep-1976
Statutory Address:
71-77, LONG ROW

Map

Ordnance survey map of 71-77, LONG ROW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1101486 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2019 at 23:02:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
71-77, LONG ROW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
Amber Valley (District Authority)
Parish:
Belper
National Grid Reference:
SK 34623 47890

Details

LONG ROW 1. 5167 (South Side) Nos 71 to 77 (consec) SK 3447 NE 1/39 28.9.76. 71 to 77 (cSec) II GV 2. 1794-1797. Early industrial housing of some quality, built by William Strutt to house workers in the new mills and warehouses then being erected at Belper. A terrace of stone houses built on hill slope with pitched slate roof overall. Three storeys. One window each (and some additional small lst floor windows). Stone lintels, sashes with late C19 glazing, small paired sashes top floor. Doors have voussoirs and cambered head linings. Stone baulk attached to corner of wall at No 71. Ref: Barley M W Arcbaelogical Journal, Vol l18, 1961, pages 256 to 259; Nixon F, Industrial Archaeology Derbyshire, pages 201 and 227.



Listing NGR: SK3462347890

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
78571
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Nixon, F, Industrial Archaeology of Derbyshire, (1969), 201 227
'Archaeological Journal' in Archaeological Journal, , Vol. 118, (1961), 236 239

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 24 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/02627/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Holt. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].