Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1101502

Date first listed: 20-Oct-1954

Date of most recent amendment: 10-Oct-1989



Ordnance survey map of VICTORIA HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1101502 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Jan-2019 at 14:46:20.



The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Tunbridge Wells (District Authority)

Parish: Lamberhurst

National Grid Reference: TQ 67561 36160


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


LAMBERHURST THE BROADWAY TQ 6636-6736 (west side) 8/240 Victoria House (formerly listed as Victoria House, and 20.10.54 Premises on the S.W. of Victoria House) GV II

House, now house and shops. C16, extended C17 and altered and clad 1721. Timber framed and clad with painted brick and painted ornamental tile hanging, with plain hung tiles to right return and exposed small panel frame with painted brick infill to rear wing with tile hung first floor. Plain tiled roofs. Lobby entry plan main block extended to left and to rear. Main range of 2 storeys on plinth with quoins and parapet to roof gabled to right and with stack to centre left. Four segmentally headed openings on first floor, with two 3 light wooden casements, and 2 light casement to right and blank space to centre left containing a small finialed aedicule inscribed: I.F. 1721 Ground floor with 2 segmentally headed casements, 3 light to centre right brought down to plinth and now a shop window, and 2 light to right with flying cornice over (similar cornice over central window obscured by shop sign). Half glazed door to centre left with large flat hood on brackets and pilasters. Left hand of ground floor taken up by late C19 shop front with plate bays and central glazed door under single fascia on pilasters with pedimented pilaster brackets. Similar and larger shop front (to same shop) extends over left hand extension, canted slightly toroadside and of 2 storeys and attic with half hipped roof and hipped dormer and 3 light casement on first floor. Gabled rear wing of 2 storeys with end stack and with some exposed framing. Interior: the ground floor room to right of the main entrance, now a butchers shop, was clearly a principal room of the old house, with finely and extensively moulded cross beamed ceiling and bresummer, large blocked fireplace and clear evidence of jetty to front elevation.Left hand wing also with moulded ceiling beams.

Listing NGR: TQ6756136160


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 170077

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing