25-36, LONG ROW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1101528
Date first listed:
28-Sep-1976
Statutory Address:
25-36, LONG ROW

Map

Ordnance survey map of 25-36, LONG ROW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1101528 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2019 at 01:57:23.

Location

Statutory Address:
25-36, LONG ROW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
Amber Valley (District Authority)
Parish:
Belper
National Grid Reference:
SK 34816 47914

Details

LONG ROW 1. 5167 Nos 25 to 36 (consec) SK 3447 NE 1/31 28.9.76. II GV 2. 1794-1797. Early industrial housing of some quality built by William Strutt to house the workers in the new mills and warehouses then being erected at Belper. A long terrace of stone houses built on hill slope with pitched slate roof overall. Three storeys, generally one window each although some additional small 1st floor windows over doors. Doors generally with cambered head linings. Nos 26, 29 to 34 (consec) have sashes with late C19 glazing and small paired sashes to 2nd floor. Nos 27 and 35 have modern bow windows ground floor, other houses generally modern glazing in former sash spaces. Nos 27 and 36 have had facades sand blasted. Plans of adjoining houses interlock, in order to use the frontage to best advantage. Stone kerbs surround each front garden.



Listing NGR: SK3481647914

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
78563
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 24 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/02627/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Holt. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].