TAYLOR'S FARMHOUSE AND BARN ADJOINING

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1101543
Date first listed:
03-Sep-1987
Statutory Address:
TAYLOR'S FARMHOUSE AND BARN ADJOINING

Map

Ordnance survey map of TAYLOR'S FARMHOUSE AND BARN ADJOINING
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1101543.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Nov-2019 at 15:45:16.

Location

Statutory Address:
TAYLOR'S FARMHOUSE AND BARN ADJOINING

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Cumbria
District:
Eden (District Authority)
Parish:
Great Strickland
National Grid Reference:
NY 55694 22811

Details

NY 52 SE, 13/56

GREAT STRICKLAND, GREAT STRICKLAND, Taylor's Farmhouse & barn adjoining

30.7.87

II

Farmhouse and ramp barn (now residential). Probably C17 with later additions and alterations; 1746 date, with initials T & MT, inscribed on door lintel refers to extension to house and addition of barn. Mixed limestone and rubble walls partly cement rendered. Graduated greenslate roof with rebuilt red brick chimney stacks. 2 storeys; house 4 bays, barn to left 3 bays under common roof. Original house has ground floor fire window and Yorkshire sashes; dated extension has part-glazed door and sashes, all in painted stone surrounds. Barn has blocked segment - arched doorway and 2 flat-headed doorways with inserted casements, all with narrow chamfer to surrounds. Central winnowing door above. Rear has ramp up to central cart entrance flanked by vent slits. INTERIOR of house: 1746 extension has inglenook with chamfered bressumer on ground floor; original house has bolection-moulding to fire surround in left-hand room. Panelled partition has shallow (plate rack?) recess, fronted by trefoiled arcade, over door.

Listing NGR: NY5569422811

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
74260
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Sep 2003
Reference: IOE01/11321/14
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Gordon Furness. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].