HIGH RODINGBURY FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1101562

Date first listed: 17-Oct-1983

Statutory Address: HIGH RODINGBURY FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of HIGH RODINGBURY FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1101562 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 02:37:47.

Location

Statutory Address: HIGH RODINGBURY FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Uttlesford (District Authority)

Parish: High Roothing

National Grid Reference: TL 59277 16639

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 51 NE HIGH RODING High Rodingbury 2/63 Farmhouse

GV II

House, C18 and earlier. Part timber-framed, part brick, both plastered, roof tiled. East part is of square plan, C18, forming the front of an older timber framed building to the west. 2 storeys. Ground floor of east elevation, central door with 6 panels and wooden porch with fluted Doric columns, C18; on each side one sash window with marginal lights, early C19. On first floor, 3 sash windows, C19. Access was refused in January 1983. This farmhouse is within the moat of an ancient manorial site, near the parish church. It was described by the RCHM in 1921 as 'Modern (that is, post 1714), but at the back is a small block timber framed and plastered, and of c.1700; the roof is tiled'. It has been listed as Grade III since April 1952. It merits upgrading to Grade II on architectural evidence visible from the outside; the rear (western) part is likely to be of historic interest internally. The upgrading of this building without internal inspection has been authorised by the supervising Inspector of Historic Buildings of the Department of the Environment, 27 January 1983. Photographs available at NMR and from Essex County Council Historic Buildings & Conservation Section.

Listing NGR: TL5927716639

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 352721

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing