GREAT SARRATT HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1101579

Date first listed: 03-Oct-1985

Statutory Address: GREAT SARRATT HALL, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of GREAT SARRATT HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1101579 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 12:44:30.

Location

Statutory Address: GREAT SARRATT HALL, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hertfordshire

District: Three Rivers (District Authority)

Parish: Sarratt

National Grid Reference: TL 03707 00141

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 00 SW SARRATT THE GREEN (Southwest side) Sarratt 2/304 Great Sarratt Hall II

House. 1710 on datestone, largely rebuilt in early C19, extended and altered later C19 and C20. Red brick rebuilt in yellow stock brick. Slate hipped roof. 3 storeys. 3 window C19 front. Entrance in left bay in C20 glazed Doric porch with a pediment. Ground floor: central blocked entrance, to right a 16 pane sash in reveal with a gauged brick flat arched head. First floor: 12 panes to centre with flanking 16 pane sashes, flat arched heads. Second floor: broader 9 pane with flanking 12 pane sashes. Pilaster strips at ends. Panelled eaves soffit. Set back slightly to sides are 1 bay wings, to right 2 storeys, to left 1 storey, 16 pane sashes with pilaster strips at ends. Left return of main block has C18 red brick to lower 2 storeys. Extruded stack with a rebuilt cap. Towards rear upper storey sashes have cambered heads, ground floor canted and hipped roofed entrance outshut. Left end of 1 storey wing has a large tripartite full length sash with a verandah on scroll headed slender iron shafts. To rear left a 3 storey 1 bay later C19 addition with a ground floor canted bay, upper storey sashes with cambered heads. Right return of 2 storey wing has a C20 ground floor addition, 3 first floor sashes and a repositioned datestone 'This Farme is to Pay ls. yearely for tithe to the Free English Schoole at WATFORD. This Farmehouse was Built by S.C. 1710'. Double depth hipped roof. Right end stack on main block. Rear elevation has 1 bay of C18 brick to left, 2 storeys, cambered heads to sashes. Entrance in 2 bay re-entrant elevation of projecting late C19 block to right. To left a 1 storey hipped outshut to rear of 2 storey wing.

Listing NGR: TL0370700141

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 158949

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing