STABLE BLOCK AND GARDEN WALL TO NORTH EAST OF GREAT HYDE HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1101674
Date first listed:
02-Oct-1981
Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK AND GARDEN WALL TO NORTH EAST OF GREAT HYDE HALL, HATFIELD HEATH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE BLOCK AND GARDEN WALL TO NORTH EAST OF GREAT HYDE HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1101674 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Jul-2019 at 23:50:08.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK AND GARDEN WALL TO NORTH EAST OF GREAT HYDE HALL, HATFIELD HEATH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
East Hertfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Sawbridgeworth
National Grid Reference:
TL 49624 15437

Details

HATFIELD HEATH ROAD 1. 5253 (North Side) Stable Block and Garden Wall to NE of Great Hyde Hall TL 496 154:4/18 II GV 2. Circa 1700. Red brick U plan former stable block around yard open to W. 3 window central projection to E range with hipped roof surmounted by late C18 pedimented wooden clock tower. Upper sash windows of centre alternate with sunk panels. Centre and S ranges are original, N range completing symmetrical layout added c.1979. Attached on NE three sides of c.1640 or earlier walled garden. Two gaps in N wall. These structures are important to the history of this old manorial centre.

Listing NGR: TL4962415437

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
160772
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/04401/36
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Elaine Allen . Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].