GROUP OF 4 HEADSTONES ABOUT 3 TO 5 METRES EAST OF CHURCH OF ST MARGARET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1101722
Date first listed:
23-Apr-1987
Statutory Address:
GROUP OF 4 HEADSTONES ABOUT 3 TO 5 METRES EAST OF CHURCH OF ST MARGARET, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of GROUP OF 4 HEADSTONES ABOUT 3 TO 5 METRES EAST OF CHURCH OF ST MARGARET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1101722 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 04:59:34.

Location

Statutory Address:
GROUP OF 4 HEADSTONES ABOUT 3 TO 5 METRES EAST OF CHURCH OF ST MARGARET, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Kent
District:
Dover (District Authority)
Parish:
St. Margaret's At Cliffe
National Grid Reference:
TR 35900 44763

Details

TR 34 SE ST MARGARET'S AT CLIFFE HIGH STREET (west side)

6/67 Group of 4 head- stones about 3 to 5 metres east of church of St. Margaret

GV II

Group of 4 headstones Margaret and James Finnes, d.1765 and 1772. About 3 feet high with scrolled shoulders, Death's head and cherub. Robert Finnis, early C18. About 2 feet high with double segmental head with coffin and hourglass. Mary Pope, mid C18. About 2½ feet high with segmental head with 2 skulls and cherub. Robart Finnis, d.1763. About 3 feet high with segmental head with cherub and trumpet.

Listing NGR: TR3592844798

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
178506
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Aug 2003
Reference: IOE01/09592/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Keeble. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].