DODE CHURCH (CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF THE MEADOW)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1101756

Date first listed: 25-Aug-1959

Statutory Address: DODE CHURCH, (CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF THE MEADOW), WRANGLING LANE, LUDDESDOWNE, GRAVESEND, DA13 0XF

Map

Ordnance survey map of DODE CHURCH (CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF THE MEADOW)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1101756 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Sep-2018 at 15:22:41.

Location

Statutory Address: DODE CHURCH, (CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF THE MEADOW), WRANGLING LANE, LUDDESDOWNE, GRAVESEND, DA13 0XF

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Tonbridge and Malling (District Authority)

Parish: Snodland

National Grid Reference: TQ 66855 63725

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 02/02/2017

TQ 66 SE 3/233

SNODLAND LUDDESDOWNE WRANGLING LANE (north side) Dode Church (Church of Our Lady of the Meadow)

(Formerly listed as Church of Our Lady of the Meadow, WRANGLING LANE , Dode) 25.8.59

II* Church, now disused. Probably C12, greatly restored 1905-6, and in later C20. Uncoursed flint with ashlar dressings. Tiled roof. Two-cell church. Small single-light round-arched windows in nave and chancel. Round-arched window in east end with moulded head, much restored.

Interior not inspected at time of resurvey.

Dode parish was united with Paddlestone in the C14.

Disused at time of resurvey.

Listing NGR: TQ6945962535

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 179410

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing