WHITE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1101822

Date first listed: 13-Dec-1984

Statutory Address: WHITE HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WHITE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1101822 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 19:33:20.

Location

Statutory Address: WHITE HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hertfordshire

District: East Hertfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Hormead

National Grid Reference: TL 39053 30087

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 33 SE HORMEAD HARE STREET (West side)

1/83 White House -

GV II

House. Circa 1848, possibly incorporating older parts. Stuccoed brickwork with roof of slates. A flamboyant large stuccoed house facing E with elaborate stucco Renaissance classical detailing. 2 storeys. E front with modillioned cornice, 5 oriel windows to 1st floor, semi-circular with mullioned and transomed windows. 3 windows projecting centre part, with rusticated ground floor and quoins. Tuscan porch with full entablature and arched doorway with 4-panel half-glazed door and fanlight. 2 round-headed sash windows with radial pattern of glazing bars, and rectangular bay windows to right and left ends with mullion and transom windows. Similar oriel on S end. 2-storeys rear wing slated but jettied along S side. Sash windows with 6/6 panes. Formerly called Bradbury House and on site of older house. Renamed 1920. (Jackson (1983)17).

Listing NGR: TL3905330087

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 160304

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing