HARE STREET COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1101856

Date first listed: 13-Dec-1984

Statutory Address: HARE STREET COTTAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of HARE STREET COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1101856 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 02:29:09.

Location

Statutory Address: HARE STREET COTTAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hertfordshire

District: East Hertfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Hormead

National Grid Reference: TL 39003 29770

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 3929 HORMEAD HARE STREET (East side)

12/69 Hare Street Cottage

GV II

House. C16, brick fronted in C18. Timberframe on red brick sill, weatherboarded at ends but front and rear cased in red brick chequered with black vitrified headers. Steep old red tile roof half-hipped to N, hipped to S. A 2-storeys, 3 cells, internal chimney plan house, originally with only 2 heated rooms, facing W. Door into S end of middle part. W front has 3 windows grouped over the door and 2 flanking it. A third window lights the N room from near the corner on the Ground floor. Narrow blocked window on 1st floor in line with chimney. Projecting brick floor band and segmental relieving arches to lower windows on front and back. 4-panel flush beaded door with leaded glazed opening in upper part. Moulded flat hood on fluted consoles. Broad moulded architrave to door up one step. Interior has axial beams in middle and S part, and N part axially divided. The property was called Cockes from 1608 to 1805, and Redhouse Farm c.1818 (Jackson (1983)17).

Listing NGR: TL3900329770

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 160290

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing