NORTH HERTFORDSHIRE DISTRICT COUNCIL OFFICES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1102188
Date first listed:
13-Apr-1951
Date of most recent amendment:
17-Jun-1974
Statutory Address:
NORTH HERTFORDSHIRE DISTRICT COUNCIL OFFICES, BRAND STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of NORTH HERTFORDSHIRE DISTRICT COUNCIL OFFICES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1102188 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2019 at 22:13:03.

Location

Statutory Address:
NORTH HERTFORDSHIRE DISTRICT COUNCIL OFFICES, BRAND STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
North Hertfordshire (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
TL 18329 29321

Details

1. 5255 BRAND STREET (North-East Side) North Hertfordshire District Council Offices. (Formerly listed as Friends' Meeting House). TL 1829 SW 1/53 13.4.51. II

2. Stuccoed building of 2 storeys, erected in 1840 with the utmost simplicity of design. Long rectangular building beneath a flat hipped slate roof, the ground floor projecting forward from the long side, under a flat roof, Upper storey, 5 windows in plain reveals, projecting lower storey is walled for the space of 3 windows in the centre, each end of the projection formerly open as loggias with Doric pillars. Built as a Friends' Meeting House. Modern 8 window long wing in keeping projects at right angles on left.

Listing NGR: TL1832929321

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
161441
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Jan 2007
Reference: IOE01/15572/25
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr A. Gude. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].