CROSS BASE IN CHURCHYARD OF ST NICHOLAS'S CHURCH (7 METRES TO SOUTH EAST OF SOUTH PORCH)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1102256
Date first listed:
24-Jan-1984
Statutory Address:
CROSS BASE IN CHURCHYARD OF ST NICHOLAS'S CHURCH (7 METRES TO SOUTH EAST OF SOUTH PORCH), WOOD END ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CROSS BASE IN CHURCHYARD OF ST NICHOLAS'S CHURCH (7 METRES TO SOUTH EAST OF SOUTH PORCH)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1102256 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2019 at 18:40:11.

Location

Statutory Address:
CROSS BASE IN CHURCHYARD OF ST NICHOLAS'S CHURCH (7 METRES TO SOUTH EAST OF SOUTH PORCH), WOOD END ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
East Hertfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Great Munden
National Grid Reference:
TL 35522 24172

Details

Great Munden TL 3524 GREAT MUNDEN WOOD END ROAD (north side)

11/8 Cross base in churchyard of St Nicholas's Church - (7m to SE of S porch)

GV II

Cross base for churchyard cross. Probably C14. Stone. A regular octagonal monolithic base about lm wide and O.5m high with a large, deep, square socket in the middle of the upper face. (RCHM (1911) 104,b).

Listing NGR: TL3552224172

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
161300
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
Inventory of the Historical Monuments of Hertfordshire, (1910)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/04677/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Les Brunton. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].