LITTLE MUNDEN JMI SCHOOL (SOUTH EAST WING) (50 METRES TO SOUTH OF CHURCH)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1102261
Date first listed:
24-Jan-1984
Statutory Address:
LITTLE MUNDEN JMI SCHOOL (SOUTH EAST WING) (50 METRES TO SOUTH OF CHURCH), CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LITTLE MUNDEN JMI SCHOOL (SOUTH EAST WING) (50 METRES TO SOUTH OF CHURCH)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1102261 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 06:06:07.

Location

Statutory Address:
LITTLE MUNDEN JMI SCHOOL (SOUTH EAST WING) (50 METRES TO SOUTH OF CHURCH), CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
East Hertfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Little Munden
National Grid Reference:
TL 33436 21836

Details

TL 3321 LITTLE MUNDEN CHURCH LANE (west side) 10/3 Little Munden JMI School - (SE wing) (50m to S of church)

GV II

Village school. 1822 for Rev J P Reynolds rector 1819-1831. (Trust Deed dated 25 Jan 1825), small extension for infants 1869, enlarged 1900, 1970 and 1973. Uncoursed knapped flint with white brick plinth, window surrounds, quoins and gable copings. Steep slate roofs. E front to road all brick with stucco labels to 3 windows. A single-storey T plan building with N crosswing and projecting gabled porch into narthex. Small 1869 extension to S of porch in similar flint and bricks with cast iron lattice casement. S gable of schoolroom has small arched openings and gabled bellcote with bell. Roof of porch in fish-scale slates. Tudor-arched chamfered doorway now a window. Recessed 10/10 small paned top hung windows with segmental arches and labels. Moulded gable kneelers and louvred gable opening to cross-wing. N and W faces of crosswing facing churchyard are flint faced. Large arched window (blocked) on W end. An early example of a parish school. Included for group value.

Listing NGR: TL3343621836

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
161314
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 29 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/04678/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Les Brunton. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].