NORTH RANGE OF FORMER MALTHOUSES AT JUNCTION WITH SOUTH STREET (PEPPERS)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1102414
Date first listed:
18-Oct-1949
Statutory Address:
NORTH RANGE OF FORMER MALTHOUSES AT JUNCTION WITH SOUTH STREET (PEPPERS), SOUTHMILL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of NORTH RANGE OF FORMER MALTHOUSES AT JUNCTION WITH SOUTH STREET (PEPPERS)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1102414 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2019 at 14:35:05.

Location

Statutory Address:
NORTH RANGE OF FORMER MALTHOUSES AT JUNCTION WITH SOUTH STREET (PEPPERS), SOUTHMILL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
East Hertfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Bishop's Stortford
National Grid Reference:
TL 49069 20660

Details

1. 5253 SOUTHMILL ROAD (East Side)

North range of former malthouses at junction with South Street (Peppers) TL 42 SE:6/76 18.10.49 II

2. 1843. Red brick, weatherboarded west and east ends, old red tile and slate roof. Two and a half storeys. West end has gabled overhanging sack hoist with weathervane. Centre with segmental arched openings on both floors and 2 slated vents with flat tops towards east. Interior west end has exposed half-timbered walls. Adjoining west end is an early C19 red brick, slate roof house. Two storeys, 5 windows, all sash.

Listing NGR: TL4906920660

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
160969
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 31 Oct 1999
Reference: IOE01/01069/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Philip Coomes. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].