KILN WOOD COTTAGE AND LINKED OUTHOUSE TO SOUTH EAST

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1102433
Date first listed:
08-Feb-1988
Statutory Address:
KILN WOOD COTTAGE AND LINKED OUTHOUSE TO SOUTH EAST, SCHOOL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of KILN WOOD COTTAGE AND LINKED OUTHOUSE TO SOUTH EAST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1102433 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2019 at 18:56:42.

Location

Statutory Address:
KILN WOOD COTTAGE AND LINKED OUTHOUSE TO SOUTH EAST, SCHOOL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
North Hertfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Preston
National Grid Reference:
TL 18432 24386

Details

TL 1824 PRESTON SCHOOL LANE (South side)

9/113 Kiln Wood Cottage and linked outhouse to SE

II

House and linked outhouse. 1912 by E.L. Lutyens for H.G. Fenwick as estate carpenter's house. Red brick in English-bond with lighter red dressings. Steep handmade tile roof_with tiled_courses to bellcast eaves at front and carried down as catslide on slightly flatter pitch at rear. 1½ storeys half-hipped outhouse in similar materials. A small 2-storeys house facing E with 2 ground floor front windows, door off-centre to S, and long window central under eaves to stairwell. Large internal chimney in centre. 2-light flush casement windows to ground floor front with small panes and segmental light red brick arch. Similar light red brick to jambs of windows and doorway. Half-glazed panelled door in heavy frame with moulded flat hood on pierced shaped brackets. 4-lights casement window on 1st floor. Large chimney with clasping corner pilasters and waisted top. Gable to rear of chimney. Rear outshut with battered W wall later extended 3/4 along rear in matching style but vertical. Alteration to S end windows. (Drawings in Hitchin Museum dated Nov 1912).

Listing NGR: TL1843224386

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
162905
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].