This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

TITMORE GREEN FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: TITMORE GREEN FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1102466

Location

TITMORE GREEN FARMHOUSE, REDCOATS GREEN

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hertfordshire

District: North Hertfordshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Wymondley

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 28-May-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 162776

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WYMONDLEY REDCOATS GREEN TL 22 NW (South side) Little Wymondley

4/164 Titmore Green Farmhouse - - II

Farmhouse. Late medieval hall house, S wing c.1600, heightened and floored late C17, renovated C19. Timber frame on plastered brick sill, roughcast. Ground floor front cased in chequered red and blue brick. Steep old red tile roofs. A 2-storeys H-plan house, set back from road, facing E. 3 windows to each floor and entrance in angle with N wing. Front carried up parapet between wings. C18 flush box sash windows with 6/6 panes to S wing, 6/3 above 6/6 to hall, and 3/3 to N wing. 8-panels fielded door in wooden surround with fluted pilasters, full entablature and triangular pediment. Rear lateral late C17 chimney to hall, 2 projecting chimney stacks on N side of N wing, large lateral chimney to S wing. Projecting gabled stair turret at rear in line with entrance door. Small 2-lights window over front door. Original house had service bay at S end of open hall in a range with low eaves, and a 2-storeys N crosswing jettied as a projection to the E. Projecting S cross-wing formed by additions to the old S bay, c.1600. Alterations in late C17 involved heightening the old range, inserting a floor and rear sidewall chimney and staircase, converting the service room to a kitchen and providing new storage space in a narrower W extension of S wing. The stair turret is sufficiently big to have also accommodated a dairy. Parlour chimney built or rebuilt in C17 or C18, rear passage to W of hall C19. (RCHM Typescript).

Listing NGR: TL2139326548

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 21393 26548

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1102466 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2017 at 09:14:11.

End of official listing