PLUME OF FEATHERS PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1102469
Date first listed:
28-May-1987
Statutory Address:
PLUME OF FEATHERS PUBLIC HOUSE, STEVENAGE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of PLUME OF FEATHERS PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1102469 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 09:54:53.

Location

Statutory Address:
PLUME OF FEATHERS PUBLIC HOUSE, STEVENAGE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
North Hertfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Wymondley
National Grid Reference:
TL 21511 27455

Details

WYMONDLEY STEVENAGE ROAD TL 2127 (North side) Little Wymondlwy

11/168 Plume of Feathers P.H. - - II

Blacksmith's house and forge. 1719 for Daniel Maple, blacksmith. A public house since before 1800, altered later C20. Red brick and steep red tile roofs. A 2-storeys and attics, 2-cells, end-chimney plan house, set back from road, facing S, with lower former range set back on E end, and later slated W lean-to. Rear extension with twin-gables to N. S front has plat-band, projecting box eaves, 2 small gabled dormers on roofslope with small-pane casements. Plum-red and blue bricks with lighter red dressings. 2 flush-box sash windows to 1st floor with 8/8 panes and flat gauged arches. 6/6 sash window in W lean-to and rectangular bay windows with entrance between with old porch all fronted by a symmetrical Doric screen. (inf Mr. Farris).

Listing NGR: TL2151127455

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
162780
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 May 2006
Reference: IOE01/15530/31
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr A. Gude. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].