THE MILL FARM

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1102506

Date first listed: 28-May-1987

Statutory Address: THE MILL FARM, 7, MILL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MILL FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1102506 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2018 at 17:25:24.

Location

Statutory Address: THE MILL FARM, 7, MILL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hertfordshire

District: North Hertfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: St. Ippolyts

National Grid Reference: TL 18986 27444

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST IPPOLLITTS MILL LANE TL 1827 (West side) Gosmore

8/63 No. 7 - (The Mill Farm)

- II

House. Built between 1828 and 1832 for Mr. Brown Collison as miller's house for a windmill then recently built and demolished c.1870 (inf Mrs. Rance). Buff brick, E wing a red brick extension, slate roofs mostly hipped. A small stripped-down Neo-classical single-storey house facing S, with small pitched-roof E block fronting the road, and single-storey E wing extending to rear in similar style. Symmetrical S front with gabled central projection with verge overhang suggesting a pediment. Paired pilasters at all corners. One window to each side and central entrance. Gauged arches in fine buff brick. E block set back on RH with central projection on S with window all below overhanging eaves. Internal chimneys of 2 separate square shafts with caps linked above echoing the paired pilasters. E end has wide projecting verge on 3 shaped brackets, paired pilasters linked at base and head support a semi-circular arch with key-block above a recess with flat gauged arch over a 2-light window with apron below, 2-light flush cast iron lattice casement. Square projection in NE angle to rear with margin-light casement window in each side, a parapet to roof. Entrance now into single-storey extension with matching paired pilasters on overhanging eaves with brackets to hipped roof.

Listing NGR: TL1898627444

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 162675

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing