JOLLY TAILERS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1102511
Date first listed:
28-May-1987
Statutory Address:
JOLLY TAILERS, 1, STEVENAGE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of JOLLY TAILERS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1102511 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Aug-2019 at 00:12:59.

Location

Statutory Address:
JOLLY TAILERS, 1, STEVENAGE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
North Hertfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
St. Ippolyts
National Grid Reference:
TL 19902 27045

Details

ST IPPOLLITTS STEVENAGE ROAD TL 1927 (North side) St. Ippollitts

9/73 Jolly Tailors No. 1 - GV II

House. C17 or earlier former open hall house, C17 S bay and inserted chimney and floor, house divided in 1840, became beerhouse 1852 named 'Jolly Tailors' from James Croft 'Victualler and Tailor', gutted and renovated 1977. Timber frame cased in brick now roughcast, with steep old red tile roof. A 1 1/2-storeys, internal-chimney, 3-cells plan house facing W with S gable to road. W front has 3 small flush casement windows, entrance by internal chimney a third from N end, and 4 dormers on roofslope. N end has front extended down at N part and extended southward as open porch. Large external S gable chimney in thin red brick, Flemish-bond and with crow-step decoration. (Inf Mrs. Rance).

Listing NGR: TL1990227045

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
162685
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/04771/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Ron Walker. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].