ROSE VIEW OPPOSITE NEWLANDS LANE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1102538
Date first listed:
28-May-1987
Statutory Address:
ROSE VIEW OPPOSITE NEWLANDS LANE, HITCHIN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of ROSE VIEW OPPOSITE NEWLANDS LANE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1102538 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 13:42:27.

Location

Statutory Address:
ROSE VIEW OPPOSITE NEWLANDS LANE, HITCHIN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
North Hertfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
St. Ippolyts
National Grid Reference:
TL 18662 27679

Details

ST IPPOLLITTS HITCHIN ROAD TL 1827 (West side)

8/37 Rose View - opposite Newlands Lane

- II

Block of 2 houses, now one house. 1818, for Thomas Poynder owner of former kilns in field to rear. Chequered red and black brick with front of fine buff brick. Hipped slate roofs. Central red brick chimney. A small 2-storeys block, set back a little from road, facing E. Hipped 2-storeys rear extension. Front corners deeply recessed with lean-to single-storey porches projecting to front (S entrance altered to a window). Handed plans with shared chimney and entrance remote from fireplace. Symmetrical E front flanked by pilaster strips and shaded by overhanging eaves. 2 windows to each floor. Each window has a 3-centred arch, 2-lights leaded casement windows to 1st floor with semi-circular head to each light. Stepped 3-lights casement windows to ground floor with similar semi-circular heads. Low plinth. (Inf Mrs. Rance).

Listing NGR: TL1866227679

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
162649
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Reference: IOE01/04772/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Ron Walker. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].