CALDECOTE MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1102686

Date first listed: 19-Oct-1976

Statutory Address: CALDECOTE MANOR, CALDECOTE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CALDECOTE MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1102686 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 22:35:39.

Location

Statutory Address: CALDECOTE MANOR, CALDECOTE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hertfordshire

District: North Hertfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Caldecote

National Grid Reference: TL 23665 38374

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 23 NW CALDECOTE CALDECOTE ROAD (North east side) Caldecote 3/82 Caldecote Manor 19.10.76

GV II

Farmhouse, formerly a manor house. A much altered Wealden house built c.1500. Altered in C17. Large c.1900 front extension. Early part is timber frame with plastered walls and C18 red brick to ground floor. Front range is white gault brick with red brick dressings. Machine tile double-pitched roof. 2 storeys. Rear elevation has slightly jettied gabled wings each end. 3 glazing bar casements. 4 bays and a 1-bay c.1900 right extension. The front is 3 sash windows. 2 gable ends with a sash between. Cusped bargeboards. Interior has no framing exposed, but 2 doors at the W end of the hall perpetuate the screens door and a staircase in the W bay corresponds more or less to the original one. Hall has crown post roof. In C17 the E. wing was added and a chimney stack and upper floor were put into the hall. (RCHM Typescript).

Listing NGR: TL2366538374

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 162213

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing