MULBERRY COTTAGES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1102734
Date first listed:
14-Jan-1977
Date of most recent amendment:
21-Mar-1984
Statutory Address:
MULBERRY COTTAGES, 1-4, PARK LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MULBERRY COTTAGES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1102734 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 05:41:22.

Location

Statutory Address:
MULBERRY COTTAGES, 1-4, PARK LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
North Hertfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Knebworth
National Grid Reference:
TL 22881 20196

Details

Old Knebworth TL 22 SW KNEBWORTH PARK LANE (south side)

3/170 Nos 1 - 4 Mulberry Cottaqes 14.1.77 (formerly listed under Hitchin Lane)

GV II

Houses. 1900 by Sir Edwin Lutyens for the second Earl of Lytton. A block of four houses forming an open court. White washed brick. Machine tile roof with 6 red brick chimney stacks. 2 storeys. 3- and 4-light glazing bar casements, those on gable ends set in corners. Arched through passage in centre of block. Diamond date panel above. Plank doors with simple flat hoods (Lutyens Arts Council Catalogue, 1981)

Listing NGR: TL2288120196

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
162118
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Arts Council of Great Britain Catalogue' in The Work of the English Architect Sir Edwin Lutyens 1889-1944, (1981)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Jan 2001
Reference: IOE01/13622/33
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr A. Gude. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].