THE RED HOUSE RAILINGS AND WALL TO HIGH STREET AND WATEREND BOUNDARIES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1102923
Date first listed:
09-Aug-1974
Date of most recent amendment:
27-Sep-1984
Statutory Address:
THE RED HOUSE RAILINGS AND WALL TO HIGH STREET AND WATEREND BOUNDARIES, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE RED HOUSE RAILINGS AND WALL TO HIGH STREET AND WATEREND BOUNDARIES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1102923 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 16:22:49.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE RED HOUSE RAILINGS AND WALL TO HIGH STREET AND WATEREND BOUNDARIES, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
St. Albans (District Authority)
Parish:
Redbourn
National Grid Reference:
TL 10791 12264

Details

TL 1012 REDBOURN HIGH STREET (east side) REDBOURN

15/180 The Red House: railings and wall to High Street 9.8.74 and Waterend Lane boundaries (formerly listed as garden wall of Redhouse along waterend Lane and railings along High Street boundary). GV II Boundary railings and wall. Circa 1800. Double frontage of cast iron railings on a cemented base. The railings have heavier posts at regular intervals with a central baluster profile and urn finials. Other posts are spiked. They curve in at the centre to flank the doorcase. Single gate near S end. Return for 1 bay along Waterend Lane and boundary continues for another 10 metres as red brick wall with plinth, terminal pier and 2 flat buttresses.

Listing NGR: TL1079412264

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
163718
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/00490/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Justin Douglas. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].