LONDON COAL DUTY MARKER ON SOUTH SIDE OF ROAD NEAR TELFORD'S BRIDGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1102976
Date first listed:
27-Sep-1984
Statutory Address:
LONDON COAL DUTY MARKER ON SOUTH SIDE OF ROAD NEAR TELFORD'S BRIDGE, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of LONDON COAL DUTY MARKER ON SOUTH SIDE OF ROAD NEAR TELFORD'S BRIDGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1102976 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2019 at 23:47:39.

Location

Statutory Address:
LONDON COAL DUTY MARKER ON SOUTH SIDE OF ROAD NEAR TELFORD'S BRIDGE, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
St. Albans (District Authority)
Parish:
London Colney
National Grid Reference:
TL 18184 03700

Details

TL 1819 0368 LONDON COLNEY HIGH STREET (south side) LONDON COLNEY

13/115 London Coal Duty Marker on S side of road near - Telford's Bridge

- II

London coal duty marker, erected 1861-2 to mark the limit of coal duty in London area. Cast iron post, painted white. Normally one and a half metres high, but partly sunk in ground. Square plan. Chamfered corners. Roll mouldings form capital. Front face with City of London arms and panel inscribed 'Act 24 & 25 Vict Cap 42'. Cast by Henry Grissell iron works, Regents Canal, London.

Listing NGR: TL1818403700

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
163649
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 31 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/04284/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Douglas Fairbank. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].