Royal British Legion Branch Club Headquarters

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1102997
Date first listed:
26-Jul-1951
Statutory Address:
Royal British Legion Branch Club Headquarters, Bennets, 21, Leyton Road

Map

Ordnance survey map of Royal British Legion Branch Club Headquarters
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1102997 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 05:47:54.

Location

Statutory Address:
Royal British Legion Branch Club Headquarters, Bennets, 21, Leyton Road

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
St. Albans (District Authority)
Parish:
Harpenden
National Grid Reference:
TL 13433 14071

Details

TL 1314 SW 16/64

HARPENDEN LEYTON ROAD (west side) No 21, Bennets (Royal British Legion Branch Club Headquarters) 26.7.51 II House, now club house. C17 range with early-mid C19 fenestration and rear extension. Main range is timber frame and stuccoed. Plain tile roof. Symmetrical five window range. Two storeys and attics. At centre is a two storey projecting gabled porch. Gabled cross wings at ends, each with lean-to projections. The porch has a early C19 doorcase with Tuscan pilasters and entablature. Single sash windows either side of porch; triple-hung sashes to ground floors of wings. Central three first floor windows are two-light Yorkshire casements. Single sashes to first floors of wings. Left attic gable has a C17 or C18 two-light leaded casement, right gable a Yorkshire casement. Rear wing is stuccoed with slate roof. Two storeys. Five replacement windows.

Listing NGR: TL1343314071

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
163598
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 Dec 2002
Reference: IOE01/09985/23
Rights: Copyright IoE Miss Mary Jones. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].