MILEPOST BETWEEN NUMBERS 10 AND 12, ON OPPOSITE SIDE OF ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1103007
Date first listed:
10-Dec-1986
Statutory Address:
MILEPOST BETWEEN NUMBERS 10 AND 12, ON OPPOSITE SIDE OF ROAD, ST STEPHEN'S HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of MILEPOST BETWEEN NUMBERS 10 AND 12, ON OPPOSITE SIDE OF ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1103007.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 17:05:58.

Location

Statutory Address:
MILEPOST BETWEEN NUMBERS 10 AND 12, ON OPPOSITE SIDE OF ROAD, ST STEPHEN'S HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
St. Albans (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
TL 14252 06195

Details

ST. STEPHEN'S HILL 1. (South side) 1582 Milepost between Nos 10 and 12, on TL 1406 SW 16/330 opposite side of road.

II

2.

Milepost.Circal82O. Cast iron, painted. Triangular plan, open at back. Triangular top. Chamfered face below. Inscribed on top: HATFIELD 6; on right side WATFORD 7, READING 44; on left side ST ALBANS 1.

Listing NGR: TL1425206195

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
163515
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Nov 2004
Reference: IOE01/13417/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Miss Bernie Graham. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].