CHRIST CHURCH VICARAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1103035
Date first listed:
27-Aug-1971
Statutory Address:
CHRIST CHURCH VICARAGE, VERULAM ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHRIST CHURCH VICARAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1103035.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 17:18:36.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHRIST CHURCH VICARAGE, VERULAM ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
St. Albans (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
TL 14496 07509

Details

VERULAM ROAD 1. (North-East Side) 1582 Christ Church Vicarage TL 1407 NE 4/150

II

2. Mid C19. Probably also by Charles Parker and in similar style to church. 2 storeys; wide, 3-bay front. High pitched, slated roof hipped at right, with a 2nd and hip to right, rear extension. Ashlar, with modillioned cornice, and a scalloped, stone bargeboard in front. 1st floor windows, at right and left are 2 and 3-light sashes with pilaster mullions. Centre 1st floor window round-arched with nook shafts. String at 1st floor cills. Ground floor windows round arched with nook shafts, single at left and paired at right, with moulded architraves. Band with dog-tooth moulding at spring, High plinth to ground floor cills. Round-arched entrance in 3 places, with moulded architrave, chevron moulding to 2nd plane, and, 2 nook-shafts either side, the inner with incised spiral pattern. Foliated capitals to all shafts. Deeply recessed door of 10 fielded panels under round arch with nook shafts and carved stone cornice head. One-storey one-window extension at left; one-storey, blank-arched link to church at right.

Listing NGR: TL1449607509

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
163478
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Sep 2007
Reference: IOE01/15632/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Justin Douglas. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].