THE ABBEY MILLS (EASTERN SIDE)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1103165
Date first listed:
27-Aug-1971
Statutory Address:
THE ABBEY MILLS (EASTERN SIDE), ABBEY MILL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE ABBEY MILLS (EASTERN SIDE)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1103165.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 16:12:30.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE ABBEY MILLS (EASTERN SIDE), ABBEY MILL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
St. Albans (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
TL 14192 06838

Details

1. 1582 ABBEY MILL LANE (South-West Side)

The Abbey Mills (Eastern Block) TL 1406 NW 13/161

II GV

2. Late C18, silk mills (2 blocks). Eastern block: Gabled end, of 3 storeys and attic 3 windows, to road Round window in attic, other windows including those on long, 6-bay East side, exactly as in other mill. Disusd mill race along East side. The Abbey Mills (Western and Eastern blocks) and Abbey Mill House form a group.

Listing NGR: TL1419206838

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
163212
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Apr 2004
Reference: IOE01/11990/16
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr A. Gude. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].