This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1103200

Location

CHURCH FARMHOUSE, WEST STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hertfordshire

District: North Hertfordshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Lilley

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 24-Oct-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 163083

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LILLEY WEST STREET TL 1126 (East side)

11/73 Church Farmhouse - GV II

Farmhouse. C17, brick cased at N early C18, SE part, new stair and brick front C19 (said to be c.1870 inf owner), passage cut through main chimney and main entrance moved to W front 1911. Red brick casing in stages on N and W front, roughcast S end probably timber framed. Hipped slate roof. A 2-storeys L-shaped house facing W with rear angle filled by stair and extension. Main range parallel with street has internal chimney and lobby entrance. N room stone paved probably a hall/kitchen. NE rear wing possibly original has axial beam, E gable chimney, and cross-passage from N entrance to staircase in use up to 1911. NE wing formerly dairy/pantry on ground floor. Present stair built when SE infill added. W front has 2 windows to each floor and central entrance. Plum brick and segmental arches to ground floor. Flush box sash windows with 3/3 large panes. N end wall of front range has C18 red brickwork with plat-band, presumably refacing timber framing when entrance was at N. (RCHM Typescript).

Listing NGR: TL1188826401

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 11888 26401

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1103200 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Aug-2017 at 08:46:08.

End of official listing