This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

GOOLE MILL WINDMILL TOWER APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES EAST OF MILL HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: GOOLE MILL WINDMILL TOWER APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES EAST OF MILL HOUSE

List entry Number: 1103309

Location

GOOLE MILL WINDMILL TOWER APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES EAST OF MILL HOUSE, SWINEFLEET ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: East Riding of Yorkshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Goole Fields

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 16-Dec-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 164866

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GOOLE FIELDS SWINEFLEET ROAD SE 72 SE (south side) 5/9 Goole Mill windmill tower approximately 30 metres east of Mill House GV II Windmill tower. Late C18 - early C19. Brown brick with orange brick dressings, formerly tarred up to balcony level. Tapered round tower of 6 storeys. Ground floor: stable door to north, C20 half-glazed door to south, 2 windows; inserted datestone to north inscribed: TB First floor: board 1871 door, 2 windows. Second floor: 2-fold board door with strap hinges to north, board door to south-east, wrought-iron brackets for former balcony. 3 windows to third storey, 2 windows each to fourth and fifth storeys. Stepped and cogged brick eaves cornice, toothed iron curb. Interior. First 3 floors intact, machinery removed. Undergoing repair at time of resurvey. The datestone reputedly refers to Thomas Burke, who took over the mill in 1871.

Listing NGR: SE7571621322

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE 75716 21322

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1103309 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2017 at 04:16:02.

End of official listing